PART V
TEACHING PRACTICE

5.1 Procedure of Teaching

When I was practiced teaching, I had prepared some activities that I want to practice when I am practice teaching. Such as :

1.      Opening
a.       Prepare the class
b.      Greet and pray
c.       Check the attendance list
d.      Discuss the previous materials
e.       Give the students an overview about the material that will be taught.

2.      Main Activities
a.       Review the students’ comprehension of conditional sentence.
b.      Explain the topic (conditional sentence type 3) that is related with previous studies.
c.       Give some examples of conditional sentences type 1, 2 and 3.
d.      Include the students to identify the rule of each type.
e.       Ask the students the differences and the similarities of them.
f.       Give some exercises about conditional sentence type 3.
g.      Ask the students to practice a short conversation by using their own words related the topic.
h.      Give the students a worksheet of conditional sentence type 3.

3.      Closing
a.       Summarize the entire discussion and conclude the main point of the topic.
b.      Assign some questions for homework.
c.       Preview the next materials.
d.      Pray and close the class.

          Those are the activites that I prepared for tecahing in class Pratom 5, and those activities has put into  my lesson plan.

5.2  Time Management and Orginizing Activities
My tutor teacher Adelaida Tabbu-Velasco as the head of department always gives me the chance to teach and always gives me some advices to help me to manage the class, such as :
·       Prepare the lesson plan: She told me that I have to make my lesson plan clear enough, because it will be my guidence to teach the students
·       Do pre-test and post-test: The pre-test is only to check the student or the comprehension of the student before we go to explain the topic.and post-test to re-check the students’ achievement about the topic that I have done explain
·       Prepare the supporting materials, such as worksheet, and powerpoint presentation
·       Orginize the class
·       Mnage the time : Teeratada Phitsanulok school is the school that so discipline, because of that I have to manage my time to follow the schedule of the school
Fortunately, at Teeratada Phitsanulok School it has a native speaker as a teacher, Peter. He often gives me some advices when I prepare my topic. It is because sometimes I was practiced teaching in his class, obviously he will correct my mistake while I’m teaching. It such a good chance for me.

5.3  Problem Solving
In general, the problem in our first teaching experience is nervous, but in my case the topic that want to explain is the first problem. Because I never get the topic about If clause type 3 before, its challange me to learn more about that topic. Teeratada is a great school with the great students, it doesn’t matter to teach the hard topic becaus ethe students will be easier to answer it.  Then, when Dr. Buncha, and the chief English department in Pibulsongkram Rajabhat University and also the teachers from Teeratada Phitsanulok School come to observe me, I thought that the students in Mattaypm 2 zoom was very helping me to throw aaway my hesitancy.

5.4  Classroom Management
I have prepared some activites on the opening of the class that I thought it will manage the class before the teaching and learning process is held, such as:
a.       Prepare the class
b.      Greet and pray
c.       Check the attendance list
d.      Discuss the previous materials
e.       Give the students an overview about the material that will be taught.
              Moreover, I made a class more enjoy by doing some jokes with them. It helps me to interact with them when I explain the topic.

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini