PART VI
SUMMARY AND SUGGESTIONS

6.1 Purposes of Practicum
A. Purposes for the practicum teacher
In my opinion, this practicum program help the student teacher to :
1.      Get their confident to teach in front of the real student
2.      Prepare themselves to face the real situation of teaching and learning process
3.      Know how the feeling to practice teaching in overseas

B. Purposes for the students
            Based on lesson plan that I’ve made the purposes of this practicum are at the end of the lesson the students are expected to be able to use English in their real life, and also they understand about the topic that the teacher explain in front class, Below are some indicator that the students have to reach on topic conditional sentence type 3 in class Mattayom 2:
1. Understand the rule of conditional type 3.
2. Be able to use conditional sentence type 3 correctly and fluently.
3. Identify the information related to conditional sentence type 3.

6.2 Procedures of Practicum

            The procedure of the practicum based on my lesson plan with the topic conditional sentence type 3 are bellow :

1.      Opening
a.       Prepare the class
b.      Greet and pray
c.       Check the attendance list
d.      Discuss the previous materials
e.       Give the students an overview about the material that will be taught.
2.      Main Activities
a.       Review the students’ comprehension of conditional sentence.
b.      Explain the topic (conditional sentence type 3) that is related with previous studies.
c.       Give some examples of conditional sentences type 1, 2 and 3.
d.      Include the students to identify the rule of each type.
e.       Ask the students the differences and the similarities of them.
f.       Give some exercises about conditional sentence type 3.
g.      Ask the students to practice a short conversation by using their own words related the topic.
h.      Give the students a worksheet of conditional sentence type 3.

3.      Closing
a.       Summarize the entire discussion and conclude the main point of the topic.
b.      Assign some questions for homework.
c.       Preview the next materials.
d.      Pray and close the class.
6.3 Outcomes Practicum
A. Outcomes for the student teacher
After the practicum I thought that :
1.      I get confident to teach in front of the real student
2.      I can  face the real situation of teaching and learning process
3.      I know what the feeling to practice teaching in overseas
B. Outcomes for the student in class
          The outcomes for the students based on the lesson plan for topic conditional sentence type 3 in class mattayom 2 after practiced teaching are :
1. Understand the rule of conditional type 3.
2. Be able to use conditional sentence type 3 correctly and fluently.
3. Identify the information related to conditional sentence type 3.

6.4 The Challenges of Practicum

            I got some challenges thing when I was practiced teaching in Teeratada Phitsanulok School, such as :
1.      Its hard for me to adapt with the new culture
2.      It was my first time to go abroad, and Thailand was the first place that I visit
3.      I can not call my family, even I had put the money on the sim card, but the sim card was empty.
4.      I can not speak in Thai, so I can not understand what the people talked about
5.      Its hard for me to adapt with the rules in the school, beacuse the school was very discipline
6.      Its hard for me to find halal food
7.      I was feeling envy with the students’ ability in English in Teeratada Phitsanulok School especially in mattayom class, because their English was very good
8.      Its hard for me to look after my two friends, because I was the only man among three of us.

6.5 Overall Impression
            It such a good thing when I realized that I got a chance to go abroad through this program. I thought that Teeratada Phitsanulok School was a great private school, because the school can manage the students even there are some boarding student, they can manage home students and boarding students very well. Then, I can not believe that the English ability of the students was very good started from pratom 1 until mattayom 3, because the students in mattayom 3 must pass the IELTS test if they want to graduate from the school.
            Fortunately I met a lot of Thai people who very kind and love to share the foods, they love to smile to us. Then, I met a very kind supervisor Dr. Buncha that I call bapak, and his wife Ibu Kin, and also his daughter and son, Peera and Poom who made my day in Phitsanulok being so colourful. Even its hard for me to look after two of my friend while we were in Phitsanulok, because I was the only men among three of us.
            I never expect that I can go abroad this year, but when I’m home I realized that I’ve ever been in Thailand and stay there about on emonth to do some positive things and I get a lot of experiences during this program.
           

6.6 Suggestions for Future Improvement

After finished this program, I got some suggestions that I hope can make this program better in future :

1.      Please check the schedule of the school that we want to practice teaching, if the school is in the test period, it will make the process of practicum become harder, because the school must be very busy
2.      Please, make sure who will be the buddies of the student teacher, because if the buddies are the teacher of that school, I felt not good due to I thought that it will disturb them because they have a lot of activities that they have to do

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini